Background: Shadow Projects is the production company of Mitchell Kriegman founded in 1986. It shut down in 2009.
(October 20, 1997-April 28, 2006)
Nicknames: "The Barking Dog," "WOOF WOOF!", "The Shadow Dog"
Logo: On a white background, we see a black silhouette of a dog's head (similar to a Labrador Retriever) in a circle with "SHADOW PROJECTS" in the text-wrap effect around the bottom of the circle. The dog silhouette barks twice.
Variant: Sometimes, the company's website URL text "www.shadowprojects.com" is seen below the logo.
FX/SFX: The animation of the dog barking.
Cheesy Factor: The animation is choppy.
Music/Sounds: The ending of the show's theme, with a dog barking sound effect heard during the animation of the dog barking. On Bear in the Big Blue House, the barking is deep and low-pitched like a large dog, and on The Book of Pooh, the barking is higher-pitched and sounding more like a puppy with no additional accompaniments.
Music/Sounds Trivia: The normal bark sound effect used in the Bear in the Big Blue House variant is identical to Pongo's bark during the "twilight bark" scene in 101 Dalmatians.
Music/Sounds Variants: There have been many different variants of the logo on episodes of Bear in the Big Blue House where the usual sounds are replaced with that of a different one.
- In "Share Bear",the dog quacks like a duck.
- In "Dirt, I Love You So", the dog oinks like a pig.
- In "Summer Cooler", the dog makes a "beep beep" sound like the sound of a car's horn.
- In "Spring Fever", the dog croaks like a frog.
- In "Lost Thing", the dog quacks like a duck again, only a different quack is heard.
- In "Listen Up!", the dog hoots like an owl.
- In "Raiders of the Lost Cheese", the dog squalls like a pelican.
- In "The Big Blue Housecall", the dog laughs like Doc Hogg.
- In "Look What I Made", the dog says "grabby grabby" in Treelo's voice.
- In "Love is All You Need', the dog makes kissing sounds.
- In "It's a Mystery to Me", the dog chirps like a bird.
- In "As Different as Day and Night", the dog says "Go Daddy!" in Treelo's voice.
- In "The Way I Feel Today", the dog says "yep yep" in a voice that sounds like a child's voice.
- In "Scientific Bear", the dog makes a "boing boing" sound.
- In "Call it a Day", the dog says 'woop woop".
- In "Lost and Found", the dog quacks like Harry.
- In "Morning Glory", the dog meows like a cat.
- In "The Tutter Family Reunion", the dog says "Thank You" in a male voice.
- In "Bats are People Too", the dog says "Later!" in Tutter'svoice.
- In the TV version of "A Berry Bear Christmas", the dog says "Happy Holidays!" in Treelo's voice.
- In "To Clean or Not To Clean", a different bark sound is heard.
Availability: Appears on Bear in the Big Blue House and The Book of Pooh. Both shows no longer re-air on Disney Junior, but they can be found on DVD and VHS. This did not appear on It's a Big Big World as it was produced under the name Big Big Productions.
Scare Factor: Minimal. It depends on what sound the dog makes. However, it's harmless.